Hunger pains can strike you at the most inconvenient times, and vending machines offer a quick and easy fix to hold you over between meal times. However, an empty stomach combined with the plethora of junk food on display can make eating healthy that much harder. While it’s okay to indulge on your favorite snacks occasionally, making a habit of it can be detrimental to your health. Having an idea of what snacks to steer clear of and alternative options to gravitate towards can really help aid you in living your best, healthy life. Here is a list of the best and worst of the vending machine:
- Skittles: Although tempting, Skittles have the nutritional value equivalent of simply grabbing sugar packets and pouring them into your mouth. If you’re looking for something to hold you over for a few hours, Skittles and other candy options should be last on your list.
- Apple Pie: Apple Pie and other packaged pastry “snacks” may as well be considered a meal with the calorie content they contain. Jam-packed with sugars, trans-fats, and carbs galore, this option is likely to cause you to feel sluggish after you crash and burn.
- Doritos: Packaged chips are a popular choice for people craving something crunchy and salty. However, this classic option offers no nutritional value whatsoever, and will quickly have you considering another trip to the machine.
- Pop Tarts: Save Pop Tarts for sharing with a friend and not munching on alone. These sweet treats are high in sugar, fats, and calories. Regularly eating junk food like Pop Tarts can easily ruin any health progress by packing on the pounds and making you feel sluggish.
- Crackers with Cheddar Cheese: Although these old-fashioned snacks may appear to be an innocent choice, they are loaded with trans-fats. Cross this item off your list if you’re looking for options to kickstart, continue or maintain your health.
Looking For Healthy Vending Services?
Atlantic Vending is the leader in New Jersey vending services. We offer healthy vending for offices and schools, special school vending programs, full line vending and beverage vending services. Every Atlantic Vending machine is automatically installed with 15% healthier items in an effort to promote healthy nutrition and reduce obesity. Contact Us to get started on healthier vending today!