With three branches that includes over 26 routes, Atlantic vending is continuing to grow.
A full line machine vending company, Atlantic Vending has seen tremendous growth in the last 10 years while many companies have suffered during this hard economy.
No matter if you are looking for a job as a driver or as a vending mechanic, Atlantic Vending might have a future job waiting for you. The following are our current openings.
Atlantic Vending Job Openings
Position: Vending Mechanics
Location(s): Clifton and Farmindale, NJ
Position: Route Drivers
Location(s): Edison, Clifton, and Farmingdale, NJ
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Drives company-owned vehicle over established route to deliver product or render service fills and maintains vending and related equipment, collects money from machines, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick stock from the warehouse and / or food, pastry and milk menus.
- Loads product into assigned vehicle and drives to a customer location according to an established schedule.
- After removing outdated and damaged product, fills the vending machines to the established inventory levels, collects sales funds and refills coin tubes and bill changers to set levels. Fills machines in accordance with current merchandising program or required products. Performs routine machine cleaning and sanitation on machine, pays refunds and restocks counters with supplies.
- Records the above service transactions on appropriate forms. Reports any improper machine operation. Conducts minor repairs and adjustment on machine operation such as removal of bent coins and replacing display lights.
- Ensures proper handling and rotation of perishable products. Ensures food and drink requiring refrigeration is maintained during transit and storage.
- Resolves or reports customer complaints and machine malfunctions.
- Introduces customers to new products and services, in addition to company promotions; listens to and resolves service complaints at assigned accounts.
- Maintains security of cash and property by- locking unattended vehicles; securing funds in a locked safe until returned to branch; secure keys at end of the shift as directed. Safeguard company property.
- Unloads and cleans trash from delivery vehicle, performs daily vehicle operative checks, reports vehicle problems to the proper parties, secure keys and vehicle.
- Individual will maintain a clean and safe work environment, Individual needs to perform the job safely while adhering to all safety standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports & correspondence and to speak effectively to clients, customers or employees.
- Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This position requires individuals who are conscientious, diplomatic, detail-oriented and comfortable working in a structured environment. Successful candidates will be friendly and customer-focused in an environment that provides limited contact with other people. The position also requires that individuals be able to remain calm in stressful situations (e.g., customer complaints, time pressures.) Should have experience with the forklift, power jacks, etc.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock, risk or radiation, and vibration, depending on the accounts that are assigned to the route. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to modify essential functions of the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments.
To apply, print and fill out the following application, and send it to:
Atlantic Vending Co.
1100 Towbin Ave Unit D
Lakewood NJ 08701
We look forward to hearing from you!